Today ‘Nado joined the family.
It is spring break and I was tutoring a student. He has cystic fibrosis and has been out of school for the past month. While I was at his house working in the dining room, the television was on in the living room. We heard the report on CNN that a bomb exploded outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, OK. Wow!
We stopped our lesson and watched the report for a bit. Unbelievable!
From there I drove to Mary’s house outside Glassboro. Her cat had a litter of three kittens and I had first pick. There were two black kittens and a gray one. I was going to select the gray one (being different et al.), but when I reached in, one of the black ones batted me. She was cute. Mary said they had named her Diablo because she was such a devil. That sold me. I like ornery cats.
The little thing would not come out of the car once we arrived home. She hid beneath the passenger’s seat. I eventually coaxed her out. Once in the apartment, she hid behind the filing cabinet and computer wires for a long time.
I lay down on the sofa for a little nap. She came out then. I picked her up and placed her on my chest. She slept me the rest of the day. I like her. She is ornery. Diablo is not the right name for her. She is definitely royalty. Hence forth she shall be known as Queen Goddess ‘Nado the Great.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Millville City Commission Work Session, 19 April 2022 - 2022
- Sakura - 2022
- New Hobby: Cocktails - 2022
- Henckel Chef's Knife - 2022
- Jersey Devil #25 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #26 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #27 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #28 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #29 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #30 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #31 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #34 - 2021
- Jersey Devil #65 - 2021
- Who'll Stop the Rain of Gun Fire? - 2021
- You Said This Would Be Fun: What makes a game good and how to make a good game - 2020
- Thank You - 2012
- I Am Not a Leader - 2012
- First Softball Game - 2010
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2010
- Defiance - 2009
- and Son - 2009
- A Case Against CNN - 2009
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2008
- Slate's Anti-Obama Spoof - 2008
- Line of the Day - 2008
- School Elections - 2008
- Happy Belated Birthday, Mr. Lehrer - 2008
- NJEA Needs a Clue - 2008
- AC Press Wrong to Excuse Corzine of Blame - 2007
- It Would Be Funny If It Wasn't So Pathetic - 2007
- Spring Concert - 2006
- Full - 2006
- Mets vs. Phillies - 2005
- Happy School Board Voting Day - 2005