Well . . .
I thought I would zip in, hit these four caches and be on my way. It didn’t happen that way at all.
This area was screwy with coordinates. When I first pulled into the parking lot (which was an adventure finding) my GPSr was showing I was still 3/4 of a mile away from the lot.
Then I didn’t read the directions well. Lenape Cut-Off is different from Lenape Trail. I do not know how much that added, but I walked forever. I finally cut across on another trail.
Throughout the entire time I was here, coordinates were bouncing every which way. On my way I rolled my left ankle. It still hurts.
I finally found stage one of the multi. By this time I was quite confused as to where I was. This would prove detrimental later on.
I headed out for stage two. More coordinate jumping. Finally zeroed in on it. Headed off for more, then realized State Quarters was closer. I found that rather easily, but had a bit of a tussle getting the cache. Logged my find, then headed out again for the multi.
Along the way I ran into Jill. Actually, she spotted me . . . I was trying to move away so as not to draw attention. We chatted a bit. Grizzly is cute.
Moved on to the final stage. I guess I was impatient as I bushwhacked my way across. I was held in a thicket for a bit. It took off my cap and I had to move branch by branch to free myself. I criss-crossed the creek a few times. Coordinates were jumping. I finally found the thing.
Thanks for the challenge.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- I Voted - 2021
- Re-thinking Google - 2021
- This Is My Eye: A New York Story - 2020
- Speak - 2012
- Inclusion - 2012
- A Single Yesterday - 2011
- Where's the Wagon Workout - 2011
- Maurice River Revitalization - 2010
- That Time I Lied About My Age - 2010
- Voting the Bums Out - 2010
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2009
- Thank You - 2008
- No Coal (Or Jobs) for You - 2008
- Texas Roadhouse - 2007
- Oh Lord Just give me a sign - 2007
- "Out-Conservative Each Other" - 2007
- I Can't Do It All - 2006
- Beetle's School Photograph - 2006
- Webcams, Inconsistencies & Groundspeak - 2005
- Proud American - 2004
- Useful Items Cache - 2002
- Extra Cache - 2002
- State Quarters Cache - 2002
- You Be The "Judge" one - 2002
- The Old Morris Farm #2 - 2002
- Colonial Cache - 2002
- You Gota See This: Four - 2002
- Take a Pea - 2002