A little more than a month ago, I posted that things would be changing around here.

eCache changed hosts and after a few issues. It was decided to switch blogging platforms. I retired e107, which I had used for two and one-half years and move to WordPress. Unfortunately, e107 provides no export so posts could be imported into WordPress. That in itself is enough reason to bag it.

So, I needed to hand-enter each post. That is about 900 posts. Yikes! I just finished. I even managed to get most of the comments too.

Hand-entering each post permitted me an opportunity to clean up some of the formatting, catch a spelling mistake here or there, etc. There are most likely still some mistakes, but all in all, things have been improved. I still have some markers to enter, but those aren’t from the old database. Rather, they are more recent finds that I have not entered at all.

Anyhow, feel free to use the search feature, tags, or archives to locate those past posts you seek. The archive section is likely to change. It is so lengthy that I will be working on modifying that. If I can collapse them by decade, that would be great. If not, I may just remove them altogether. We shall see.

There are a few other things I would like to implement, so do not be surprised to see some new stuff pop up in the near future. The hard work is behind me.

Thankfully . . .

Also blogged on this date . . .

2 thoughts on “Done”

  1. Interestingly, 15 years later, I am doing the same thing.

    I could have just launched the old SQL database that houses all the posts. In fact, I have. But I am hand-entering them into a new, clean SQL database. This permits me to clean up some stuff and shun some legacy code.

    900 posts. Ha! I am well over 10,000 posts at this point. But I am far more standardized in my approach. I like it. I am up to April 2006. I have 15 more years of posts to enter. Yikes!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.