Embattled New Jersey Attorney General Zulima Farber is feeling the heat. She was denied a seat on the New Jersey Supreme Court because of her driving record. Her total disregard for the state’s laws made it so she could not be confirmed to serve as a judge, at least according to then governor McGreevey.
But that did not stop Governor Corzine from making her the top lawyer in the Garden State. But position does not change one’s behavior and it didn’t take long for the poor driving AG to get into a hotter pot.
A few months ago her boyfriend was pulled over. It seems his driver’s license was suspended (one of 10 times, apparently). He called the AG, who rushed over in her chauffeured state vehicle to the traffic stop. The vehicle he drove was improperly licensed and his license was suspended (apparently, it should not have been at the time, but it was). Nevertheless, he was permitted to drive away in the vehicle. Then the boyfriend’s troubles disappeared.
I did nothing wrong when I went to the aid of a loved one.
Special prosecutor Richard J. Williams thinks differently. Today he released his report on the case.
Her conduct does raise significant ethical questions that must be addressed.
Williams documented three breaches to the New Jersey ethics code Farber broke.
Governor Corzine cannot fire Farber. Perhaps that is something these special committees can look at when it reviews the state constitution. Nevertheless, it is time for Farber to go. All Corzine needs to do is state he has no confidence in Ms. Farber for the axe to fall.
Absent that, we citizens need to rely upon the corrupt Legislature to step up. Governor, it is time to cut your AG loose.
And part of my motivation to run for Governor is that this state’s reputation is at risk – as a result of repeated episodes of corruption, favoritism and fraud.
I want to restore people’s trust in what should be the people’s government.
We can, and I will, lead this state on the path of honest, open, and effective government
Do you recall the above, Governor Corzine? You got yourself elected on that pledge.
This is one campaign promise that you can keep without raising my taxes.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- The New Teen Titans (1980-) #2 - 2022
- The New Teen Titans (1980-) #1 - 2022
- Hoarding - 2021
- These Days - 2021
- Rockport Bluffs - 2020
- Abe's Mustache - 2020
- Abe's Train Set - 2020
- Abe's Neighborhood Adventure Lab Final - 2020
- Ho! Ho! Ho! Is Wherigo! - 2020
- Dedicated to the Children of the World - 2020
- Back in Business: The Santa Claus Travel Bug Lodge - 2020
- Wrestler - 2020
- Lincoln Didn’t Sleep There - 2020
- Abe's Neighborhood Adventure Lab - 2020
- A Cache for Sarah - 2020
- AFK to Owensboro Kentucky USA - 2020
- AFK to discover the roots of Bluegrass - 2020
- BBBGT: Barbecue - Mutton - 2020
- BBBGT: Bourbon - Owensboro Kentucky - 2020
- BBBGT: Bluegrass - History and Influence - 2020
- BBBGT: Bourbon - History - 2020
- It’s play time! - 2020
- BBBGT: Barbecue - History - 2020
- Ghostcam Cache - 2020
- Covert Ops - Mission #44 - 2020
- Covert Ops - Mission #45 - Travel Bug Motel - 2020
- Early Bird M&G - 2020
- Momentary Adultery - 2019
- Jimmy John's - 2014
- Table Topics Master - 2013
- Overpriced Entertainment - 2013
- Tarpoon Springs - 2011
- It's All Greek to Me - 2011
- The Reading Promise: My Father and the Books We Shared - 2011
- On Balanced Budgets - 2011
- PORTS: Spatted Shell - 2010
- Plants & Trees at the House - 2010
- The Art of Mystery - 2010
- Happy Third Birthday, James - 2009
- Motel Fun - Not that kind Revisited - 2008
- USGS Data Collection Stations - 2008
- JU0992 - 2008
- Fly away, be free! - 2008
- Bacteria Warning @ Union Lake - 2007
- What a Pisser - 2007
- Hope I Die Before I Get Old - 2006
- Desperately Seeking the Business at 1401 Peachtree St. - 2006
- SCC Gets Someone in Charge . . . and Meets Other Recommendations - 2005
- Legislature Hesitant to Fund More Construction - 2005
- Magazzu: Waste of Cumberland County Votes - 2005
- Non-Abbotts Still Trying to Build - 2005
- Sand Traps #2 "Ski's Revenge" - 2003
- Mullica River #1 - 2003
- U Can't See the Forest for the Trees! - 2003
- Easy as 'Blueberry Pie'! Now with Coffee Too!! - 2003
- Can U Canoe !?! - 2003
- What a Drag #3 - 2003
- What a Drag #1 - 2003
- ASPCA - BM2 - 2003
- High Street Hi-Jinx - 2003
- All 12 Satellites (Driving Tour Two) - 2003
- The Boardwalk Bonanza '04 - 2003
- Northern Quahog Mercenaria mercenaria - 2003
- Arrow @ The Channel - 1991
- Bermuda Vacation - 1989