Fritz is sleeping about three hours at a time through the night. He stirred at 6:30 a.m. When he did, Beetle woke up. Grrr . . . it was too early to be awake. I tucked her back in; Beetle has a habit of turning 90° during the night. I kissed her and told her to go back to sleep. Fortunately, she did.
Aunt Kitty decided on a whim to fly down for the holiday. Beetle looked forward to her arrival.
In the meantime, Mommy cleaned up some (we are learning that our little girl is the one responsible for most of the mess in this house). Daddy went grocery shopping.
Since Aunt Kitty is here, it was easy to determine to make the traditional Black Bean and Corn Easter Salsa for tomorrow. But Daddy was blind and thinking he had corn had to run out again as the creamed variety wasn’t going to cut it. Before he did, he put on a pot of chili. Daddy is perfecting his homemade recipe. It simmered for a few hours.
Beetle was happy to have a playmate today. Kitty and Beetle blew bubbles outside and ran about. As the chili simmered, Fritz and Daddy began watching the Mets-Braves game before settling into an afternoon snooze-fest. Once awoken (grrr!), Fritz was fed and Daddy made the Easter salsa.
Then it was time for eggs. Mommy had boiled many eggs and soon enough Beetle was dropping them into the dye. She did very well. The colors are very rich. Once they were dry, Beetle affixed Dora stickers to them. Tomorrow Beetle will hunt them as we will hide them later this evening.
Beetle went to bed well tonight. Afterwards, we had chili. Quite tasty, if I say so myself. I may enter the chilifest contest this year.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Sweet Shore Swag - 2023
- Speak Softly and Carry A Big Stick - 2023
- Deep Cut Gardens Adventure Lab Bonus Cache - 2023
- Never Say Goodbye - Virtual Reward 3.0 - 2023
- Another Brick in the Wall - 2023
- Three Governors - 2023
- Good Friday: Adventure Labs & More - 2023
- Guardians vs. Royals - 2022
- Beyond Beginner - 2022
- "If you don't take risks, you're wasting everybody's time" - 2022
- 2nd st. Travelers Hotel - 2021
- A trip around Luther, Oklahoma bonus cache - 2021
- Arcadia's Round Barn - 2021
- Pop's heha - 2021
- CONTROL's Waymark Challenge Cache #4 - 2021
- BRoWBeQ - 2019
- 50 Adventures: Build a Robot - 2019
- Playing Adult - 2019
- On My Feet - 2019
- Relaxed - 2018
- B & B Trail #12, The Grass is Always Greener - 2017
- Government Purchases - 2016
- Cat Got Your Tongue?: Powerful Public Speaking Skills & Presentation Strategies for Confident Communication or, How to Create the Purrfect Speech - 2015
- My Daughter Is a Bully - 2014
- The Validator - 2013
- Yertle the Turtle and Other Stories - 2012
- The Magic School Bus Gets Cleaned Up - 2012
- Don't Buy Me Any (Physical) Books - 2012
- Mets vs. Phillies - 2011
- On Robert McQuade - 2010
- Trustworthiness - 2010
- Governor Corzine Comes to Millville - 2009
- Fritz Speaks - 2009
- Where's the Editor? - 2008
- Hacked - 2008
- Phillies vs. Marlins - 2007
- Gambas Al Ajillo - 2007
- Our Juvenile Delinquent - 2006
- GeoCarnival, Part Deux - 2006
- Chuggin' Along - 2005
- An Apple a Day . . . - 2005
- Phils Bullpen Blows Another Lead - 2005
- Marlins vs. Phillies - 2002
- Jim Brickman - 2001
- Core Content Standard - 1999
- Cubs vs. Phillies - 1992