Perhaps I am ahead of my time. It’s the only way I can describe what I just read.
4. Use of Publishing Tools and Forums
The Groundspeak Forums, accessible through the “Discuss Geocaching” link in the Site’s navigation bar as well as through other links, are governed by this Agreement and are also subject to such additional terms and conditions as Groundspeak may, from time to time, post in the Groundspeak Forums area.
You and not Groundspeak, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Site. You agree not to:
(k) Collect or store personal data about other Site users.
It’s not that I do not agree with Mr. Lapaglia. It’s just that when I made the same argument three years ago, Mrs. Roth told me it was unreasonable to be concerned with this.
To review for those new to eCache, it is tracking #123180 in the Groundspeak system. Mopar, a GC.com reviewer, has a tracking image on his profile page. I found that out when I checked to see what was taking so long to review a cache. When I followed the link to the stats, I was able to discern personally-identifiable information about GC.com customers. That was because when Nate looked into this originally, he looked up a player’s account that was the source of another issue. When Groundspeak employees do that, the real name on file from the player account is passed via the IP address. Since I knew this player personally, I knew exactly how it had occurred. I shared with her the image of the stats that contained her real name.
Neither Nate nor Heidi were concerned.
It is quite interesting that Lapaglia has once again written Groundspeak policy that is different than what has been explained to me by folks higher on the organizational chart than he.
I guess the policy has changed like it has on other issues I had in the past. I would probably fit right in these days. 🙂 I was just a few years ahead of my time.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Manhattan - 2022
- Systems - 2022
- Anyone struggle with paper clutter in the home? What system do you use to manage it? - 2022
- Eagle Manor -- Dix WMA - 2015
- Occupy Insanity - 2012
- FTF008 Bald Eagle - 2011
- Cache of Willow Oak - 2011
- Vineland's School Budget - 2010
- Millville Harley-Davidson Closes - 2010
- The Credit Crisis Explained - 2009
- Millville Interchanges - 2009
- Public Employee Medical Benefits - 2006
- Let's Hear It - 2005
- Poor Beetle - 2005
- Who Is Eugene Simonet? - 2005
- Is This Photograh Really You? - 2005
- Frolickin - 2005
- Rewards - 2003
- Don't Bug Me - 2003
- The Darkest Spot In South Jersey - 2003
- Oh Kathleen, I'll hop for you! - 2003
- Shore Stuff - 2003
- Happy Belleplain Campers - 2003
- April Showers Bring May Flowers - 2003
- Know Your Boundaries - 2003
- The Lake Nummy Snake - 2003
- Spring Picnic - 2003
- The Bones of Tom Neigel - 2003
- Postcards & Travel Bugs - 2003
- Don't Even Think About It! - 2003
- "Frolickin" Around Kalker's Pond - 2003
- Rockies vs. Phillies - 2001
- Hottie - 1989
- Brooks' Market - 1989
- First of Spring - 1989
- East Fest - 1986