Readers of this blog should recognize I am not a supporter of the Clintons. Nevertheless, today’s video from the Clinton campaign is extremely funny.
For those of you who have not followed her campaign, there has been a contest to select a campaign theme song. If you recall, when Bill Clinton ran in 1992, he used Fleetwood Mac’s Don’t Stop. There’s been a lot of buzz about Hillary’s contest with many folks wanting Smashmouth’s version of the Monkees’ I’m a Believer to win.
The video sharing the winning song is a reprise of the final scene from the Sopranos. While I thought it was a horrible way to end the series, it is pure genius for the political campaign. This is exactly the right use of the Internet to connect to voters. Hillary has been reaching out much better than all the other candidates in this regard. This will be water cooler fodder for a long time.
I do have two negative thoughts, however, about the video. One, Bill Clinton will never cease to amaze me. He is redefining the “dignity” that former presidents enjoy. Two, Hillary selected a campaign theme song sung by a Canadian. That does not seem particularly patriotic.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Christian Family - 2022
- Disappointment on Father's Day - 2022
- Celebrating Beetle's 17th Birthday - 2021
- Speak E-Z Installation - 2014
- Stuart Little - 2013
- I Learn Something New Every Day - 2011
- Devil After Dark - 2010
- Scalia's Platitudes - 2010
- 3rd Friday, June 2009 - 2009
- Sing It, Vince, Sing It!! - 2009
- Photobooth Flash Frenzy - 2008
- Fun in the Sun - 2008
- Tilt-A-Whirl - 2008
- My Day in Ocean City - 2008
- Love Of - 2008
- Da Big Fishys - 2008
- ZOLTAR - 2008
- Line of the Day - 2008
- Footprints in the Sand - James Bond Style! - 2008
- What a Ride! - 2008
- Long Time Gone - 2007
- Fun with Aunt Kim & Uncle Mike - 2006
- Meeting Aunt Patty & Cousin Parker - 2005
- Phillies vs. Pirates - 2001