This geocache is now archived.
In 2003 the United States Committee on House Administration, which has oversight of the restaurants in Congress, mandated the menu be changed to sell Freedom Fires and Freedom Toast. This was done to protest France’s position.
What is unknown to many is that Congress was not first to act on this. Businesses across America (and elsewhere) had renamed their menu items before Congress had. Unlike Congress, some of these businesses have not changed them back.
Your task is to find a business that sells Freedom Fries and/or Freedom Toast and document the menu item.
- Photographs should include your GPSr.
- Links to photographs should remain active.
- Publish the coordinates of the business.
- Logs should be unique to this listing. Please do not use photographs and logs from other scavenger hunts/caches. A new entry and image is expected to log this.
- The honor system is in play here. The idea is for you to seek a new place for this hunt.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- History of the Filibuster - 2022
- Car Seat - 2022
- No Magic Bullet to Stop Wanting - 2022
- Spook Hill - 2021
- The Spot - 2021
- Jumpoff - 2021
- UofR Meridian - 2021
- Susan B Anthony - Virtual Reward - 2021
- Nate Who? - Virtual Reward - 2021
- A Few Slices of History on One Little Corner - 2021
- Virtual Reward - Eastman House Photo-Op - 2021
- RMSC Wherigo - 2021
- Wood Statue Tour - 2017
- Wildwood Boardwalk Fun - 2012
- The Toothless Wonder - 2010
- Happiness Is . . . - 2010
- Arby's - 2008
- Cinderella Goes Shopping - 2008
- Pastrami on Rye - 2008
- Dunk Tank - 2008
- Blackbeard, Feathersword & You - 2008
- We've Been Stimulated - 2008
- The Big Slide - 2007
- Constitutional Mandates & 800-Pound Gorillas - 2006
- Feelgood Legislation - 2006
- What Are the Five Greatest Concept Albums Ever? - 2005
- State Senator Asselta Should Resign - 2005
- Penny Lane - 2003
- PVC Prize - 2003
- Jackson Forest Gill Putman Park - 2003
- The Price of Freedom 1 - 2003
- Have a Great Adventure - 2003
- Eco-X-Treme - 2003
- Colliers Mills - Success? - 2003
- Colliers Mills - I hate Tom cache! - 2003
- XXXXXXbog Village cache - 2003
- Washout! - 2003
- Dead in Rochester - 1988
- 1-Year Old - 1966