Out in Kansas City visiting family we took in many sights. One of our stops was to the Shawnee Mission.
This Methodist mission served the Shawnee tribe and was established in 1830. The mission was actually the capitol of the territory of Kansas in 1855.
Renovations were occurring while we visited and the mission was not open.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa - 2022
- Freedom - 2022
- This Is No Way to Proceed - 2022
- Who Gets to Eat Shrimp? - 2021
- Blackout - Media - 150 - 2021
- Happy Independence Day! - 2016
- Unimpassioned Reading - 2014
- Phillies Set Off Fireworks Early - 2012
- Millville Fireworks - 2011
- Independece Day at Parvin - 2011
- Freedom, Philadelphia Style - 2011
- Patriotic Fun - 2010
- Happy Independence Day - 2010
- Independence Day Brisket - 2009
- Happy Independence Day - 2009
- Mommy's Pregnant with Sonny Bono's Love Child - 2008
- Rainbows - 2008
- Happy Independence Day - 2007
- VX06-FYJU: Seychelles - 2007
- On High Visibility Caches - 2007
- More Terracaches Than Geocaches - 2006
- GC.com Smorgasbord - 2005
- Live 8 - 2005
- On the Importance of Writing - 2005
- The Week in Review - 2004
- Renegade Phans Event - 2002