Tonight I read Cate’s post about making omelets. I’m a big fan of omelets. My love of them was certainly advanced while working at the Mad Batter. There perfect omelets are the norm. A salamander certainly helped. I regularly use the oven to help puff up my omelets.
Omelets are definitely a treat. Julia Child popularized this breakfast.
I am one who likes stuff in my omelets. A good western omelet is just fine with me. I will toss whatever I have on hand to spruce up the first meal of the day.
Interestingly, my first omelets were much different. Mom used to make them when I was a boy. I don’t recall myself being particularly picky. As with many children, I shunned vegetables, but I ate foods. Perhaps I am not remembering correctly, but those first omelets were filled with . . . are you ready? Really, it is disgusting just thinking about it. Mom used to fill my omelets with grape jelly. ‘Tis true! Nasty, I know.
I recall loving them. Today, I cringe at the thought. Perhaps Mom will chime in and enlighten me as to how this dish came to be. I would rather my children not eat omelets than to eat them filled with jelly. Yuck!
Just thought I would share this memory with you. What foul food do you recall from your youth?
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Parenting During Divorce - 2022
- Tribes - 2022
- The Boy Who Had No Dreams - 2022
- Look At Me, Look At Me - 2022
- Phish Longevity & Consistency - 2021
- Magnolia Park Trio - 2015
- Cape May County Park & Zoo Field Trip - 2012
- Beautiful - 2012
- Stay away from the Beyond Section! - 2011
- Eleven - 2011
- Fitness Measurements - 2011
- 12 of 12 May 2010 - 2010
- Why Voters Don't Matter - 2010
- Millville City Commission Election - 2009
- 12 of 12 May 2009 - 2009
- What Am I Listening to Now? - 2008
- May's 12 of 12 - 2007
- Global GeoPoker 8 - 2007
- Stupid Is As Stupid Does - 2007
- " OOooo You SAVAGE you..." - 2006
- Dynamo Hum - 2006
- GeoCarnival #7 - 2006