Category: Solar Power
A public trash can powered by solar energy.
This can was one of the first the City of Philadelphia put out. It is located at Chestnut & 7th.
The can has a compactor in it, hence why power is needed. The cans can hold eight times as much trash as a non-compactor can. The city expects to collect trash less often, thereby saving labor costs.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Once On This Island - 2021
- 30th Downtown Millville Car Show - 2021
- Platypus Hydration Bladder - 2021
- Jersey Devil #14 - 2020
- NJEA Calendar Delivered - 2018
- 245 - 2011
- Personal Training - 2011
- Palace of Depression - Vineland, NJ - 2010
- Atlantic County Public Library - Mays Landing, NJ - 2010
- Confident - 2010
- Mariner's Landing Pier - 2010
- Hardee's - Warrenton Road - Falmouth, VA - 2010
- Balic Winery - 2010
- John W. Underhill Fountain - 2010
- South Jersey Guide - 2010
- Fun at Pagluighi Park - 2009
- Oh, Todd - 2008
- More NJ Corruption - 2006
- Cape May County Zoo - 2005
- Time for a Non-High Quality Cache to Go Away - 2005
- Bashaw's Favoritism - 2005
- No ped x-ing - 2005
- Beaver Hunt - 2005
- Animal Lovers: "It's All Happening At... - 2005
- Dissed Again - 2005
- Neil Young & Crazy Horse - 1986