Today we had our annual Christmas Eve party. We changed things a little this year; we began at 3:00. This permitted everyone to come. Frank, Jill, Katie, and Timmy arrived from North Jersey. By starting early, they were able to head back at a reasonable time. We were happy that Kim, Mike, and Ovie were able to make it. This is the first time in several years everyone was able to be together. It made for a wonderful time.
With the number of children now, the house fills up and the presents flow. Wow, there was a lot of gift exchanging!
It would not be Christmas Eve if we did not have far too much food. Gert once again put on a rockin’ party! Everyone had a great time. Christmas is definitely family time and we had lots of it today.
Tonight was supposed to be Beetle‘s first midnight mass. While she made it to the car, she was just way too tired to make a go of it. She whined constantly. Instead of everyone having a miserable time, she remained at home with Fritz and Aunt Kitty. Instead, Mommy and Daddy went to mass. It was beautiful! The choir was splendid. The addition of trumpets and trombones made for a rich experience. Silent Night was spectacular. Father Paul celebrated mass. It was a wonderful way to usher in Christmas.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Bullet Journals - 2021
- Geocaching Map Candles - 2020
- Anti-Capitalistic Or Nonsensical? - 2020
- Rocks and Books - 2020
- Jan's Angels in the Outfield - 2020
- Partners in Crime - 2019
- Christmas Eve - 2012
- Big Jim Quinn - 2012
- Christmas Eve Party - 2011
- The Big Buck Adventure - 2011
- The Lorax - 2011
- Raggedy Ann: A Thank You, Please, and I Love You Book - 2011
- Stranger in the Woods: A Photographic Fantasy - 2011
- Fire on the Mountain - 2011
- The Best Party Eva - 2009
- The Children Are Ready - 2009
- Preparing for Santa - 2008
- A Party for the Elves - 2007
- Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus - 2006
- Christmas Eve - 2005
- Another Brick in the Wall - 2004
- Black and White Micro 2008 - 2004
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - 2000