Recently TrackRacket settled its lawsuit with the New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP). I’m left wondering what all the hubbub was about.
According to today’s Press of Atlantic City:
the group announced that it and the track had reached a settlement that should address many of the noise concerns.
But I don’t see how that is based on what is being reported/commented on.
But under the settlement agreement, which is part of the track’s bankruptcy reorganization plan, the NJMP has agreed to address the noise issue – and Post is calling it a win.
That doesn’t sound binding. We then get:
A joint “Sound Committee” consisting of both track officials and TrackRacket members will monitor the noise at the track – and downwind from it – and set maximum allowable levels.
Um . . . what if they can’t agree? Call me a cynic, but I suspect the two sides will not agree.
Even with the insipid Gang of 12 that Congress set up to “deal with the debt ceiling” stipulations were put in should the group fail to make a decision. What happens if after the monitoring the group cannot compromise on the action needed?
Perhaps all the is are dotted and the ts crossed and the public just isn’t being told the details. Perhaps.
Or perhaps noise will continue, TrackRacket will claim victory, and nothing will change. After all, the lawyers have $81,000 now. 😉
Also blogged on this date . . .
- A Difference in Approaches - 2021
- Unexpected Day Off - 2021
- FOMO - 2020
- Jersey Devil #54 - 2020
- Jersey Devil #53 - 2020
- Jersey Devil #56 - 2020
- Jersey Devil #51 - 2020
- Jersey Devil #57 - 2020
- Artois in Estell Manor - 2020
- Rock On! - 2020
- Picture - 2010
- Nelson Albano's Dead Son - 2009
- The Sky Didn't Fall - 2008
- Heavenly Coordinates - 2007
- jar head - 2007
- FAT TUESDAY - 2007
- Fear no fish - 2007
- Lucy, where are you??? - 2007
- I hate micros!! micro - 2007
- Margaritaville - 2007
- The Crews First Cache - 2007
- Union Lake Bluffs - 2007
- Put Your Head In The Hole - 2006
- Menendez's Buddy Strongarms for the Senator - 2006
- Damn Foley and GOP Leadership for Cover Up - 2006
- Political Signs - 2005
- She Blinded me with Scien-tology - 2005
- If it can't be grown it HAS to be mined - 2005
- Hump Day . . . Give Us Energy - 2004
- Cubs vs. Braves - 2003
- A Collective Effort - 2003