Today was our annual Christmas Eve party. We hosted it a little earlier in the day to accommodate some other schedules. Poppy had mass at 4:00 and Uncle Jesse had to work at 3:00. It was a grand time. Unfortunately, Aunt Tracy had to work and Aunt Jill wasn’t able to make it.
Nevertheless, the children had a blast! As always, there was too much food, but lots of fun, games, and presents. The children are growing. Katie is a talker! Ellen, Sean, and James had fun with everyone. Aunt Kim and Uncle Mike brought Ovie and his girlfriend, Ava. The two bulldogs were hot among the partygoers.
We moved the location of the traditional family photograph since the couch has moved. This year we had the shoot in the front living room. Here’s the video of how a family portrait comes to be. 🙂
The gift exchange was a full-blown free-for-all. Plans are already hatched to organize that a bit more next year. Two rooms with children in both is too much. We are going to have stations next year where the children rotate through the different family members. No one knew who gave who what this year.
But that’s what family functions are. Bellies were full, smiles impressed, and memories etched.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Bullet Journals - 2021
- Geocaching Map Candles - 2020
- Anti-Capitalistic Or Nonsensical? - 2020
- Rocks and Books - 2020
- Jan's Angels in the Outfield - 2020
- Partners in Crime - 2019
- Christmas Eve - 2012
- Big Jim Quinn - 2012
- The Big Buck Adventure - 2011
- The Lorax - 2011
- Raggedy Ann: A Thank You, Please, and I Love You Book - 2011
- Stranger in the Woods: A Photographic Fantasy - 2011
- Fire on the Mountain - 2011
- Christmas Party! - 2010
- The Best Party Eva - 2009
- The Children Are Ready - 2009
- Preparing for Santa - 2008
- A Party for the Elves - 2007
- Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus - 2006
- Christmas Eve - 2005
- Another Brick in the Wall - 2004
- Black and White Micro 2008 - 2004
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - 2000