My rating: 1 of 5 stars
When I was a boy, I had a Raggedy Andy doll. My sister had a Raggedy Ann. I recall these fondly of a simple childhood, although I never played with them much. During my student teaching here in Millville, the teacher I was paired with sewed Raggedy Ann dolls at Christmastime. I remember that fondly too.
My sister gave us many boxes of books for the children. This was included. She picked it up from a public library that had discarded the book. It’s fairly beat.
The book is insipid. This was written in 1978, which was after when I would have ever read such a book. I don’t know if I ever read Raggedy Ann books, but if they were as bad as this one, I wasn’t enlightened. The dolls just cleaned, swung, and shook hands. Ho hum!
Yeah, I have no idea why there’s a picture of Big Bird here. I think the ISBN was reused. I don’t understand the structure; it seems like an ISBN should be a unique identifier never to identify another, but that is not how it works.
View all my reviews
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Bullet Journals - 2021
- Geocaching Map Candles - 2020
- Anti-Capitalistic Or Nonsensical? - 2020
- Rocks and Books - 2020
- Jan's Angels in the Outfield - 2020
- Partners in Crime - 2019
- Christmas Eve - 2012
- Big Jim Quinn - 2012
- Christmas Eve Party - 2011
- The Big Buck Adventure - 2011
- The Lorax - 2011
- Stranger in the Woods: A Photographic Fantasy - 2011
- Fire on the Mountain - 2011
- Christmas Party! - 2010
- The Best Party Eva - 2009
- The Children Are Ready - 2009
- Preparing for Santa - 2008
- A Party for the Elves - 2007
- Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus - 2006
- Christmas Eve - 2005
- Another Brick in the Wall - 2004
- Black and White Micro 2008 - 2004
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - 2000