My rating: 3 of 5 stars
It’s the beginning of the school year; it’s time for Fourth Grade Rats. It’s not the greatest book ever written, but my new fourth graders seem to like it each year.
When you’re in fourth grade, you’re no longer an angel; you’re a rat!
We finished this today. Good ol’ Suds became a rat only to find out it wasn’t quite as satisfying as he had hoped. Except, all seemed fine until he saw Joey had been “re-programmed”. Then the happy ending began to kick in.
Mom’s line that Suds became a man when he stopped trying to be one hammered home the lesson from the book.
It’s a fun read.
Took too long this year to finish this. Read aloud time seems to have disappeared. I need to address this.
Nevertheless, the students seemed to enjoy it. Always a fun read. Spinelli is able to capture current students’ moods well.
7 October 2011
29 November 2012
View all my reviews
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Opting Out - 2021
- Do - 2020
- By the Pricking of My Thumbs (Tommy and Tuppence, #4) - 2019
- 1 Corinthians 1:3-9 - 2014
- Birthdays, Puppies & Brokedown - 2013
- What a Day! - 2013
- Pipe Organ - 2013
- Government Breakfast - 2012
- Land of The Freebies, Home of the Enslaved - 2011
- A Week Without Twitter - 2010
- Swimming On the Public Dime - 2010
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2010
- Bowing to Burger King - 2009
- Geotagged - 2008
- Organization - 2008
- Pearl - 2007
- Cemetery Challenge #1 - 2007
- Cemetary Challenge #4 - 2007
- Korean Conflict/War Memorials - 2007
- Civil War Memorials - 2007
- Smiley - Not another Wal-Mart cache! - 2007
- Wildlife Encounters of the "Close Kind" - 2007
- Geared Up - 2006
- Whoosh! - 2006
- Grocery Shopping - 2005
- Stinky Feet - 2004
- 'Twas The Night Before Thanksgiving - 2004
- Merry Christmas - 2003
- Down South Jukin' - 2003
- Find the Solitude - 2003
- It's Elmer Fudd Season - 2003
- Reflection of Decision-Making Materials - 1998