I am the typical man . . . I waited until Christmas Eve to go Christmas shopping. In my defense, Gert had done the family shopping and we decided not to exchange. Although, we all know that’s not how things work. I went out very early to pick up a few things for my lovely bride.
As I walked through the Cumberland Mall, my eye caught one of those big hanging banners. Yup, Jim Quinn is there hawking weight loss surgery. That’s the image of Christmas one expects to see on Christmas Eve.
I do not know the story behind this, but I suspect it is shady, as is most with Mr. Quinn.
Quinn is a City Commissioner. With Mayor Shannon not running for re-election, word on the street is that Quinn is looking to reclaim the mayor’s position. To spur him along in that pursuit, Quinn uses his radio station to promote himself. Now he has presumably cut a deal with the hospital to have his mug in shoppers’ faces.
Does anyone else have this kind of access?
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Bullet Journals - 2021
- Geocaching Map Candles - 2020
- Anti-Capitalistic Or Nonsensical? - 2020
- Rocks and Books - 2020
- Jan's Angels in the Outfield - 2020
- Partners in Crime - 2019
- Christmas Eve - 2012
- Christmas Eve Party - 2011
- The Big Buck Adventure - 2011
- The Lorax - 2011
- Raggedy Ann: A Thank You, Please, and I Love You Book - 2011
- Stranger in the Woods: A Photographic Fantasy - 2011
- Fire on the Mountain - 2011
- Christmas Party! - 2010
- The Best Party Eva - 2009
- The Children Are Ready - 2009
- Preparing for Santa - 2008
- A Party for the Elves - 2007
- Yes, Virginia, There Is a Santa Claus - 2006
- Christmas Eve - 2005
- Another Brick in the Wall - 2004
- Black and White Micro 2008 - 2004
- 'Twas the Night Before Christmas - 2000