Hillary Clinton famously told us that she and Bill were broke when they left the White House in 2001. They are now worth is reported over $100 million.
It’s a familiar tale: go to Washington, D.C. and get rich.
Vice President Joe Biden is a career politician. He has held no other job since 1973. Yet, he lives in a mansion. How?
It’s not just Democrats; this is truly a bi-partisan phenomenon.
You might be able to make a case for the Clintons for as a former president, you have an asset to generate money (although it certainly looks like they were criminal in their endeavors).
But what about Bernie Sanders?
Sanders is a self-professed socialist. It is reported he didn’t earn a paycheck until he was 40 and that was a government check. That may not be quite accurate because it is also reported that he wrote pornography back in the 1970s. I think it is fair to say he was no more than “average” in his earning history.
Since 1981, Sanders has been a public employee save for the the two years 1989-91. During his run for POTUS this year, it was suggested Sanders was the poorest person ever to vie for the office. Again, I am not certain how accurate that claim is. But a man who has held public office solely for 35 years certainly would not be wealthy.
Yet, today it is reported that Sanders purchased his third home. This vacation home merely cost $575,000.
U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders, an advocate for the working people, has bought his third house for nearly $600,000.
Fresh off the presidential campaign trail, the self-described Democratic socialist bought a seasonal waterfront home in North Hero, Vermont, in the Lake Champlain islands, for $575,000, as first reported by Seven Days weekly newspaper.
The independent senator and his wife also own a row house in Washington, D.C., and a home in Burlington, Vermont, a Sanders’ spokesman said Thursday.
Nice work if you can get it.
This is why the average man loses faith in politics. There is no way a public employee should be able to such luxury based solely on his public salary. His connections should not bridge the salary to the luxury. Sanders’s character is shattered and his supporters should note that.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Social Media: Consume or Create? - 2022
- Clothing Revelation - 2022
- 50 Things to Throw Away for Instant Decluttering - 2022
- A Step Forward - 2022
- Higbee Beach Fly - 2021
- WBGT 07: Lithia Brewery and Time Capsule - 2020
- WBGT 08: Regner Park - 2020
- WBGT 09: Riverfront Parkway - 2020
- WBGT 12: Lac Lawrann Conservancy - 2020
- WBGT 11: Gadow's Mill - 2020
- WBGT 15: Tornado of 1981 - 2020
- WBGT 10: St Agnes Historic Site - 2020
- WBGT 17: An Electric First - 2020
- 1814 - The Wizard of Oz - 2020
- WBGT 16: The Ice Age Trail - 2020
- WBGT 06: Historic Suckow Mill and Bridge - 2020
- WBGT 14: Lizard Mound & Sandy Knoll - 2020
- Giving Back #32 - 2020
- 4 Scrabble 3 Scramble - 2020
- Lizard Mound County Park Virtual Reward 2.0 - 2020
- WBGT 13: Shalom Wildlife Zoo - 2020
- 1945 I am that Hero - 2020
- 1944 Underdog - 2020
- 1943 Captain Caveman - 2020
- 1806 The Rising Phoenix - 2020
- WBGT 19: The Eisenbahn Trail - 2020
- 200th Hide! - 2020
- WBGT 18: Historic Timmer's Resort - 2020
- Outstanding In Your Field - 2020
- Get Off My Porch! (TB Hotel) - 2020
- Suburban Decay The Office - 2020
- Dawgs & Diamonds - 2020
- Scope this out - 2020
- City of Neighborhoods - 2020
- If You Could Read Anything, What Would You Choose? - 2019
- 11th Street - 2019
- Death by Chocolate Lab (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #1) - 2018
- Night Time Flame - 2017
- Dad's old job - 2017
- Downe Town...ship - 2017
- Ahead of My Time - 2017
- Profound - 2016
- The Shining - 2015
- Batman: The Story of the Dark Knight - 2014
- Don't Hold a Grudge, Train Your Judge - 2013
- Selling Going Forward - 2012
- 2011 Pier 60 ~ 5K Beach Series - 2011
- Bridge, Ice Cream & Clearwater Beach - 2011
- Goldfish - 2011
- 12 of 12 August 2010 - 2010
- Squandering Tax Dollars - 2010
- An Exciting Day - 2010
- GeoGolf, Grateful Dead & 12 of 12 - 2009
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2009
- GGACAU: 12 of 12 - 2009
- Is This a Discussion? - 2009
- 12 of 12 August 2008 - 2008
- Customer Service - 2008
- Edwards' Daughter Profits from News Corp. - 2007
- Excuse Me, My Lady - 2007
- Public Workers & Medical Benefits - 2006
- Consolidation - 2006
- Fox: Great for News, Bad for Baseball - 2006
- Wild Card - 2006
- Here Comes the Bride - 2005
- For the Record - 2005
- Oh Crappy Days - Leave your Log - 2004
- Hawkin's Bridge of the Pine Barrens - 2004
- Quaker Bridge in the Pine Barrens - 2004
- I don't like Spiders and Snakes - 2004
- Pop - 1989
- Thinking of You - 1989
- Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers - 1988