It may seem strange to say this on my blog that hosts thousands of posts, but I am learning to be more reticent in what I say to people.
Once upon a time, I felt a need to provide a story for everything. “The Bob Owens story”, another “Bob story”, etc. as it was referred to by others. It dawned on me at some point that I don’t need to provide the inner workings of my thinking at every stage.
This morning I reached out to someone for help with something. I just asked rather matter-of-factly (but politely) for a piece of information. The information was provided. A comment was made that could have elicited a more detailed response from me. Instead, I thanked the person for the information and called it a day. I didn’t need to go into the reasons for wanting the obscure bit of information, etc.
I don’t need to share everything with everybody.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Out of the Loop - 2022
- An Introduction Into the World of Whiskey - 2022
- A Child of God - 2021
- When You're Gone - 2018
- 11.65 Miles in Belleplain - 2012
- There But for the Grace of God - 2011
- Little League - 2010
- Watch What He Does, Not What He Says - 2009
- Grand Slam - 2008
- Scoble Is Frustrating - 2008
- What Would Jesus Do? - 2008
- RK's Proclamation - 2007
- Delay - 2006
- Lava-Rock; Union Hill - 2006
- Lost Again... - 2006
- I'm a Girl Watcher, I'm a Girl Watcher.. (2) - 2004
- I'm a Girl Watcher, I'm a Girl Watcher.. (1) - 2004
- Maple Island - 2004
- King of the Hill - 2004
- Room 14-A Newsletter - 1997