Decided to head to Cape May to fly this morning. My thinking was Poverty Beach early. Yeah, didn’t happen. First off, Poverty Beach now requires beach tags. 🙁 More problematic is that the beach is now cordoned off. With sunbathers already present there was not enough room for me.
I then went to the south point past the Jetty Motel. That too is cordoned off. It doesn’t even look like one can walk to the lighthouse from here. 🙁
Next stop was Sunset Beach. There is a new parking lot. That’s nice. There is signage welcoming one to Higbee Beach WMA. That is new. While this area is part of the WMA, it was never highlighted as such. A stroll out to the beach brought bad news as sunbathers were already crowded on this section. Really?
I relocated to the regular Higbee Beach entry out New England Road. The lot was full. I turned down the hardpack to go to the ferry jetties. Yeah, there was room here.
The Levitation went right up. Beautiful wind. I was near what’s left of the tree of life. I eventually tethered the kite to it and used the stump as a chair. Smiles. 🙂
After a bit, I tried to get the ITW Rocky Mountain DC up for its maiden flight. Yeah, didn’t happen. The wind was rather calm. While the Levitation was up and holding steady, launching something else didn’t want to happen. I put it away for a while.
More folks showed up and strolled along. I gave the Rocky Mountain another go. Still nothing.
Loved being on the beach this morning. The Cape Henlopen sailed by. Other boats and jetskis motored by.
I then attempted the Rocky Mountain again. Up it went! 🙂 It definitely feels like it needs more wind than the Levitation. It went up, but not quite as high as the Levitation.
Nice to have two kites in the air at once.
The wind became a bit inconsistent. The delta that had held strong all morning, began moving about. The Rocky Mountain was falling. I tightened it up, let it out, tightened it up, etc. for several minutes. Then I brought it down. Then I decided to bring down the Levitation. All was going well and then the wind disappeared. Down came the kite. On the dune. In the briars. Yikes!
It took a little bit to retrieve it. I got a few briars embedded in me, but I got it.
In the end, I flew for about an hour, 20 minutes. Wonderful way to spend the morning.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Social Media: Consume or Create? - 2022
- Clothing Revelation - 2022
- 50 Things to Throw Away for Instant Decluttering - 2022
- A Step Forward - 2022
- WBGT 07: Lithia Brewery and Time Capsule - 2020
- WBGT 08: Regner Park - 2020
- WBGT 09: Riverfront Parkway - 2020
- WBGT 12: Lac Lawrann Conservancy - 2020
- WBGT 11: Gadow's Mill - 2020
- WBGT 15: Tornado of 1981 - 2020
- WBGT 10: St Agnes Historic Site - 2020
- WBGT 17: An Electric First - 2020
- 1814 - The Wizard of Oz - 2020
- WBGT 16: The Ice Age Trail - 2020
- WBGT 06: Historic Suckow Mill and Bridge - 2020
- WBGT 14: Lizard Mound & Sandy Knoll - 2020
- Giving Back #32 - 2020
- 4 Scrabble 3 Scramble - 2020
- Lizard Mound County Park Virtual Reward 2.0 - 2020
- WBGT 13: Shalom Wildlife Zoo - 2020
- 1945 I am that Hero - 2020
- 1944 Underdog - 2020
- 1943 Captain Caveman - 2020
- 1806 The Rising Phoenix - 2020
- WBGT 19: The Eisenbahn Trail - 2020
- 200th Hide! - 2020
- WBGT 18: Historic Timmer's Resort - 2020
- Outstanding In Your Field - 2020
- Get Off My Porch! (TB Hotel) - 2020
- Suburban Decay The Office - 2020
- Dawgs & Diamonds - 2020
- Scope this out - 2020
- City of Neighborhoods - 2020
- If You Could Read Anything, What Would You Choose? - 2019
- 11th Street - 2019
- Death by Chocolate Lab (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #1) - 2018
- Night Time Flame - 2017
- Dad's old job - 2017
- Downe Town...ship - 2017
- Ahead of My Time - 2017
- Profound - 2016
- Go to D.C., Get Rich - 2016
- The Shining - 2015
- Batman: The Story of the Dark Knight - 2014
- Don't Hold a Grudge, Train Your Judge - 2013
- Selling Going Forward - 2012
- 2011 Pier 60 ~ 5K Beach Series - 2011
- Bridge, Ice Cream & Clearwater Beach - 2011
- Goldfish - 2011
- 12 of 12 August 2010 - 2010
- Squandering Tax Dollars - 2010
- An Exciting Day - 2010
- GeoGolf, Grateful Dead & 12 of 12 - 2009
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2009
- GGACAU: 12 of 12 - 2009
- Is This a Discussion? - 2009
- 12 of 12 August 2008 - 2008
- Customer Service - 2008
- Edwards' Daughter Profits from News Corp. - 2007
- Excuse Me, My Lady - 2007
- Public Workers & Medical Benefits - 2006
- Consolidation - 2006
- Fox: Great for News, Bad for Baseball - 2006
- Wild Card - 2006
- Here Comes the Bride - 2005
- For the Record - 2005
- Oh Crappy Days - Leave your Log - 2004
- Hawkin's Bridge of the Pine Barrens - 2004
- Quaker Bridge in the Pine Barrens - 2004
- I don't like Spiders and Snakes - 2004
- Pop - 1989
- Thinking of You - 1989
- Ziggy Marley & The Melody Makers - 1988