Yesterday as I hiked Cattus Island I came upon a photographer. He and I were going the same direction, although I a little faster than he. We encountered each other a few times.
I noted he had a camera bag strapped across his body. It looked like a Mountainsmith, but I don’t think it was. He had a camera with a fairly large lens. He was taking photographs of the area. What an area it is!
As I hiked back and once again encountered him, I thought to myself, “Yeah, I would never bring gear like that out here for what I’m doing.” And I wouldnt. I like to travel lightly. I didn’t even bring a GPSr. I went into the woods with merely a cellphone! As I considered it more, I applauded myself for not giving into purchasing DSLR camera equipment the several times I have considered it over the years.
I once thought I could see myself as a photographer. Hell, I have over 180,000 photographs! I am a photographer. But these are taken with point-and-shoots and cellphones. Why? Because I always have that with me. I would not be carting around a DSLR with me as I hot the trails. A DSLR would be a planned outing.
That’s not me.
That would be commitment. That would be work. I would need to study. I would need software to edit. It would be time-consuming.
I would not do this. I don’t have time to do that kind of work. I would not dedicate enough time from my recreational time to practice to become proficient.
Yet, tonight there I was researching cameras. I became excited after watching Jim Quinn’s interview of Bart Feldman. I have dealt with Bart and his brother Michael for 23 years now. I want to be the guy with the good equipment and the amazing photographs.
But . . . but . . . but . . . all those reasons I just went through yesterday.
I have my activities. I have plenty to do. I promised myself nothing new until the blog was caught up. This is my project. I dont need to add a new one at this point.
While I am much better, there is the nagging for more. I dont need more at this point.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Have you ever abandoned a creative idea that you believed because others thought you were a fool? - 2022
- Morning Dew - 2022
- Lost Files - 2022
- BAC 27 - 2021
- BAC 26 - 2021
- BAC 25 - 2021
- BAC 24 - 2021
- BAC 21 - 2021
- BAC 20 - 2021
- BAC 19 - 2021
- Why America? - 2019
- Osprey Village - 2018
- EastPoint Lighthouse III - 2018
- Matt's Return - 2018
- When Will I Learn? - 2017
- Cocaine Blues (Phryne Fisher, #1) - 2016
- Mr. Bluebird's on my Shoulder - 2015
- B & B Trail #16, 2nd Helping - 2015
- Christie Wants to Hand Over $80B to the Unions - 2015
- Probuditi! - 2014
- Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator (Charlie Bucket, #2) - 2013
- Who Owns Sherlock Holmes? - 2013
- Going to California - 2013
- No Game For a Dame (Maggie Sullivan Mystery #1) - 2012
- Work Ethic - 2011
- As We Heard It - 2011
- Graduate School, Part One - 2010
- Post-Boston - 2010
- Boston - 2010
- Muhlenberg College - 2010
- St. Andrew's School - 2010
- Wildwood Catholic - 2010
- Richard M. Teitelman Junior High School - 2010
- Cape May Elementary School - 2010
- Nursery School - 2010
- Childhood - 2010
- Birth - 2010
- Geocache - 2009
- Geocache - 2009
- Beetle's New Do - 2009
- Corzine's Budget: Screw You - 2009
- Presidential Politics . . . Kindergarten Style - 2008
- Hypocrite - 2008
- Archie Bunker, A Riddle & Society - 2008
- What Does This Mean? - 2008
- T Minus Seven Days - 2007
- From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler - 2007
- Congress Investigates MLB Deal with DirecTV - 2007
- More From the Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler - 2007
- National Poetry Month - 2007
- Red - 2006
- Apology to NJ Blogosphere - 2006
- We're Tired - 2005
- Taxing Television in NJ - 2005
- Brodies Travel Bug Hideaway - 2004
- My First Laptop - 2000
- Ain't Nothing But a House Party - 1989
- Othello - 1982