Weird evening. Things have been going very well with me for some time now. The change is that I returned to work yesterday after four months off for my knee replacement surgery. That, however, cannot be the reason I began thinking about my failed marriage. Not certain how I arrived at that, but there I was pondering something.
For the record:
- I have accepted that all that went wrong is ultimately my fault.
- I have forgiven my ex-wife for any transgressions.
- At some point after the above, I forgave myself. I have moved on.
But there I was today considering a few things all the while recommiting to the above.
It was then when something new revealed itself to me. My ex-wife never kissed me once we were married.
I would lean in for a kiss occasionally. She always turned and offered her cheek. Not once did she ever approach me and kiss me. Never provided a peck as she left the house or rolled over to go to sleep.
I never noted that before. It seems like that would be something that would stand out, yet no.
Oh, well. It won’t weigh me down. I just find it interesting that there is a revelation so long after the fact. That is all. Onward . . .
Also blogged on this date . . .
- What Are You Going to Do? - 2023
- Napkin Rings - 2022
- On a Fine Spring Evening - 2021
- "See America" Cache (and Travel Bug Campsite) - 2021
- Congressional Medal of Honor - John Lawson - 2021
- Behold a Pale Horse - 2021
- Tin Men - Find - 300 - 2019
- When Is a Horse Not a Horse? - 2019
- Plant a Beer Day 2019: Glasstown Brewery - 2019
- Small World - Find - 300 - 2019
- Silver Surfer Vol. 3 #34 - 2018
- Marvel Cinematic Universe Completed - 2018
- Marvel Spotlight (1979-1981) #2 - 2018
- On Fame - 2017
- Beetle Is in the Hospital - 2017
- Personal Happiness - 2016
- Texas Roadhouse Fun - 2016
- Memory Lane - 2015
- Lost At Sea - 2015
- Nature Center Seaside Resort - 2015
- The Keeping Quilt - 2014
- Nut Allergies - 2014
- Words of Encouragement - 2012
- I Hate Burpees - 2011
- Overstepping Its Purview - 2010
- Asian Monopoly - 2009
- Vic's Art - 2009
- Sheesh - 2008
- Big Eartha - 2008
- NJN Wants Out - 2008
- Hunt's Theater - 2008
- A Sincere Thank You - 2008
- What Am I Listening to Now? - 2008
- Schools Are Suing for More Tax Dollars - 2007
- My Stockings - 2007
- Stephen, Pack Your Bags and Go - 2006
- It's NJ, That's Why - 2006
- Phillies vs. Nationals - 2005
- Holly Child Family Center Grand Opening - 2005
- Phillies vs. Padres - 2001