“For after all, the best thing one can do when it is raining is let it rain.”Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, The Poet’s Tale
For much of my adult life I believe I searched for ways in which to control my world. I have been demanding in the classroom, strict as a parent, and uber-logical as a spouse.
None of those approaches have worked well for me. At no point, I suspect, was I ever in control.
Dumped, rejected, and otherwise isolated, I realize that I cannot control much. The more I explore that notion and relnquish to my powerlessness, the more at peace I am.
I’ve let go of so much, there’s not much remaining to even attempt to control even if I wanted to.
When it’s raining, let it rain.
Haters gonna hate.
Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile.
And I am smiling so much these days. There’s no reason not to. It is something I can actually control. Doesn’t that pair with the advice of we can’t control what happens, but we can control our reaction to it?
I got to hold Coby the other day. I still have that loving moment with me.
Hell, I don’t even need a brolly . . . bask in the rain. Permagrin planted.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- The Sweetest Fig - 2022
- Live Music Is Better - 2021
- Just Checking . . . - 2021
- Baby - 2012
- Track Racket & NJMP Perfect Together - 2012
- Lucy, where are you??? - 2011
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . Millville Edition - 2010
- Cattlemen's Steakhouse - 2009
- Boom the Sooners - 2009
- Traffic - 2007
- Federal Campaign Finance Reform - 2006
- Van Drew Burdens Taxpayers - 2006
- GeoCarnival Cancelled - 2006
- I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours - 2006
- 196277 - 2005
- The Mill Walk - 2004
- Variety of Stuff - 2003
- Bicentennial Minute - 1976