This series highlights the International Bartenders Association (IBA) The Unforgettables cocktails. I have decided to work my way through this series of cocktails to investigate the classics as I teach myself mixology and build out my home bar.
This is the cocktail I used to open the bar last month. Part of me thought this might end up being my go-to cocktail. And it may. I like it very much.
That recipe called for a different ratio of the ingredients. This one from IBA I think is a bit simpler. There is something about it that I like. Frankly, there’s not much not to like about Aviations. The issue is ensuring the ingredients as available and that the lemon juice is fresh. It would absolutely stand out if it this came from a bottle.
AviationCourse: Cocktails, The Unforgettables
45 ml Gin
15 ml Maraschino Luxardo
15 ml Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Bar Spoon Crème de Violette
1 Maraschino cherry; optional
- Add all ingredients into a cocktail shaker.
- Shake with cracked ice and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Frankenstein Challenge - 2021
- The Boneyard Challenge - 2021
- Murphy is hiding - 2021
- In Memory Of - 2021
- Left for Dead - 2021
- Hope You Do Well - 2021
- Go Green at GCVMC - 2021
- Old Pittsgrove - 2021
- 832 bells ? - 2021
- Get your kicks on route 666 🔥 - 2021
- Where the sidewalk ends ☠️ - 2021
- Marlins vs. Phillies - 2016
- What If You Lead and No One Follows? - 2012
- Arrogance - 2012
- Salt Marshes and Tidal Flats - 2011
- A stroll along the Maurice River - 2011
- Cumberland County to Raise Property Taxes - 2010
- Adoption - 2009
- New Jersey Can't Afford It - 2008
- When Democrats Attack Democrats - 2008
- More FTF Problems - 2007
- BACARDI - 2007
- SCC Inefficiency - 2006
- Did You Really Post a Photograph of Your Face with Each Log? - 2005
- Izzy's Casco Bay Cache - 2004
- director - 2004
- The Fort Williams Cache - 2004
- River in the Wood - 2004