This series highlights the International Bartenders Association (IBA) The Unforgettables cocktails. I have decided to work my way through this series of cocktails to investigate the classics as I teach myself mixology and build out my home bar.
This is one of the biggies in the cocktail world. Given the Campari, I was leary approaching this one. But like many things, familiarity brings about fondness. Of the three different cocktails I have had with Campari (Negroni and the Americano being the others), this was the most pleasing. Perhaps Campari is groing on me or perhaps these cocktails are getting better. 🙂
I enjoyed this. I used Rittenhouse rye to make this. From what I gather, rye is the current preferred whiskey to use in this cocktail.
BoulevardierCourse: Cocktails, The Unforgettables
45 ml Bourbon or Rye Whiskey
30 ml Bitter Campari
30 ml Sweet Red Vermouth
- Pour all ingredients into mixing glass with ice cubes. .
- Stir well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with orange zest, optionally a lemon zest.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- This Is Not My Hat - 2022
- Orioles vs. Twins - 2021
- Movin' Out - 2020
- Porterhouse Searing in Cast Iron - 2020
- Butterscotch - 2012
- The Nose Knows - 2011
- Letters - 2011
- Happy Birthday, Bob - 2010
- Greek Festival - 2009
- A Peaceful Sunday Morning - 2009
- I Believe - 2008
- Line of the Day - 2008
- Greek Festival - 2007
- Character Matters - 2007
- Senator Torricelli - 2001