This series highlights the International Bartenders Association (IBA) The Unforgettables cocktails. I have decided to work my way through this series of cocktails to investigate the classics as I teach myself mixology and build out my home bar.
My mother is a rum drinker. Dad was too. Mom would make daiquiris. For the longest time, I thought daiquiris were frozen drinks as she made them in the blender. She used frozen limeade concentrate without diluting it for the lime juice. Yuck!
Later I learned daiquiris were good. I’ve never drank many, but I know I liked them when I had them.
This walk through classic cocktails has me trying out different cocktails. Part of me wants to find my drink. I think I know how it’s going to shale out, but don’t want to impose this thought before I am done the testing. Nevertheless, I suspect, daiquiris may be among those that become regulars.
It’s a simple drink with a big payoff. There is nothing to fault here. It’s so good, I purchased more limes to continue these. What a refreshing cocktail! Yum.
The break in this project is directly attributable to not being able to find good limes. At $3.00 for four limes at Shop Rite, it took two weeks to find something acceptable although not great. I mentioned this at Mission Spirits. I was directed to Santori’s. Stopped in and found eight limes for $1.75 and they were better looking than Shop Rite.
DaiquiriCourse: Cocktails, The Unforgettables
60 ml White Cuban Ron
20 ml Fresh Lime Juice
2 Bar Spoons Superfine Sugar
- In a cocktail shaker add all ingredients.
- Stir well to dissolve the sugar.
- Add ice and shake.
- Strain into chilled cocktail glass.
- No garnish
Also blogged on this date . . .
- The Long Game - 2022
- Casey at the Bat - 2021
- If I Were in Charge of the World - 2021
- The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless #3) - 2020
- Life Is Unfair - 2014
- Is This Why We Pay Taxes? - 2012
- 18th Annual Bubble Day - 2012
- Line of the Day - 2012
- Don't Sweat the Small Stuff - 2011
- Public Perception - 2010
- Happy Flag Day - 2010
- Birthplace of a Stooge - 2009
- How Did You Get Involved with Barbecuing? - 2009
- Trail Head Locationless Signs - 2008
- Federal ED Giving Away Tax Dollars - 2007
- The Responsible Thing - 2006
- Sleuth - 2004
- Barnegat Cache - 2003
- "A Little of Everything" - 2003
- Diversion - 2003
- Bridge that goes Nowhere? - 2003
- Wings - 2003
- Greyflank's First Cache - 2003
- Fisherman's Cove - 2003
- Go Fetch - 2003
- Flotsam & Jetty-sam - 2003
- "Where's the Cream Filling?" - 2003
- Metedeconk River Watch - 2003
- Wilderness Trail - 2003
- Island Beach Cache - 2003
- Take It To The Limit - 2003
- Tigers vs. Red Sox - 1989