I am old enough to have seen this in the theater. I now get the pleasure of watching it with my son who has become a DeNiro fan. Yeah, I did that! 🙂
This is Scorcese at his best! I’m not a huge Pesci fan, but he shines here as well. Just a perfect cast, to a perfect script, to iconic images/scenes. Love every minute of this.
Paul Sorvino is a favorite and sets the tone as Paulie. Watching how the crew is built up in the early goings to the heist to the aftermath is masterful. While I am sure the real life tales were plenty colorful, in the hands of these storytellers, this tale pops!
Fritz was surprised not only of the reciting lines I did but of pointing out the missing lucky hat, the helicopter and other images throughout.
This is as good as it gets for movies in my lifetime.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Rumtopf: Cherries - 2022
- Chasing Dots - 2021
- Millville Goings On - 2012
- R.I.P. Clarence - 2011
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2010
- Breakfast Tomorrow - 2009
- Greasemonkey: TC Show All Logs - 2008
- Wordl Tag Cloud - 2008
- Fritz's First Post - 2008
- In the Summertime - 2008
- "Groupies" *Revived* - 2008
- NJ's Paid Family Leave - 2007
- Dance Class - 2007
- Your Own Seafood Boil - 2005
- G-O VET - 2003