Cherries have been the bane of my week. According to my research, cherries are in bloom in New Jersey, yet I can’t find them at the farm markets. Furthermore, what were once plentiful at Shop Rite seem to be missing now.
I was sent to Mood’s Farm. They told me I could pick my own. I wasn’t prepared to do that. What they didn’t tell me was that that was one day only. Ugh!
Fritz and I drove to Hammonton. We went out to Elk to an orchard there. I found four pints there ($11). They are not local bing cherries. This turned out to be the right amount. I thought I would need more, but I think that was a good amount.
I used the new cherry pitter I purchased. It worked pretty well. The size of the cherries was great as they sat atop the blueberries and kept them submerged. I still did not need any more rum in the pot.
And what I thought was going to be a problem with having a two-gallon pot is filling up. There’s still more room, but peaches are coming up, so I think I am in good shape. 🙂
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Bar tour 7 Pic-A-Lilli - 2023
- Mighty Joe - 2023
- The Flash (2010-2011) #10 - 2023
- The Flash (2010-2011) #9 - 2023
- GoodFellas - 2022
- Chasing Dots - 2021
- Reload Here - 2019
- Tomahawk Steak - 2018
- Have a little Faith - 2017
- Brooker Creek Preserve Guided Hike - 2016
- I Do Not Like Installations - 2015
- Harlem: A Poem - 2013
- Millville Goings On - 2012
- R.I.P. Clarence - 2011
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2010
- Breakfast Tomorrow - 2009
- Greasemonkey: TC Show All Logs - 2008
- Wordl Tag Cloud - 2008
- Fritz's First Post - 2008
- In the Summertime - 2008
- "Groupies" *Revived* - 2008
- NJ's Paid Family Leave - 2007
- Dance Class - 2007
- Your Own Seafood Boil - 2005
- Expos vs. Phillies - 2004
- G-O VET - 2003