Al Bundy’s greatest moment was scoring four touchdowns in a high school football game. I didn’t join the reunion for the Cape May Tornadoes. Living on past laurels isn’t my thing . . . so I say.
But here we were watching The Irishman. Great Father’s Day movie. When they flashed that Angelo Bruno was killed in Philadelphia in 1980, I mentioned that I remembered the photograph from the newspaper of that.
Then I did my Al Bundy. In 2000, I think, the Franklin Institute took me to dinner at an Italian restaurant in South Philly. Parking was a pain there. I had a spot right outside, however. As I got out, a vehicle arrived. Out came Joey Merlino and a couple young, hot women. I went into the restaurant and sat at our table. A little bit later, Merlino and the ladies came into the restaurant and were escorted to a back dining room.
Yeah, I told this story to my son to impress him, I suppose. Yup, I’m connected somehow. Pathetic!
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Christian Family - 2022
- Celebrating Beetle's 17th Birthday - 2021
- I Learn Something New Every Day - 2011
- Devil After Dark - 2010
- Scalia's Platitudes - 2010
- 3rd Friday, June 2009 - 2009
- Sing It, Vince, Sing It!! - 2009
- Photobooth Flash Frenzy - 2008
- Fun in the Sun - 2008
- Tilt-A-Whirl - 2008
- My Day in Ocean City - 2008
- Love Of - 2008
- Da Big Fishys - 2008
- ZOLTAR - 2008
- Line of the Day - 2008
- Footprints in the Sand - James Bond Style! - 2008
- What a Ride! - 2008
- Clinton Busts a Gut - 2007
- Long Time Gone - 2007
- Fun with Aunt Kim & Uncle Mike - 2006
- Meeting Aunt Patty & Cousin Parker - 2005
- Phillies vs. Pirates - 2001