Morgan Spurlock is someone I immediately took a dislike to. My mother had recommended I see his movie, Super Size Me a few years ago. I think Gert and I rented it, but it is possible we caught it on cable. We watched it and were equally disgusted by what happened to Spurlock as he dined on nothing but McDonald’s food for a month.
But we kept saying that no one would dine on this food for a month. We enjoyed our crab cakes last night at The Franklinville Inn. Coupled with a filet mingon, dinner was fantastic. Yet, I suspect the bisque, crab cake, filet, and peanut butter pie would take its toll if we had it 30 days straight. It is with that skepticism that Spurlock’s work is looked.
He followed the success of Super Size Me with an FX show, 30 Days. It is easy to research the bias that show displayed. Complaint after complaint was lodged. It seems like the outcomes were known and crafted ahead of time.
Spurlock has not had much publicity since last summer’s run, although he is filming more.
To set the record straight, I said only five “dirty” words during the entire speech.
Spurlock has come under all sorts of criticism for his speech. But notice how he “justifies” what he did. Only five dirty words were spoken to children. Taxpayers footed the bill for this speech. Under no circumstances, sir, is it acceptable to use dirty words to an audience of children. Got it?
Now, apparently you have a warped sense of humor. According to the Allentown Morning Call,
[Spurlock] mocked ethnic groups and joked about the ”retarded kids in the back wearing helmets” and teachers smoking pot in the balcony.
There actually were special education students in the back row.
Teachers led them out during the hourlong presentation.
I know you are denying some of this, but what sir, was the topic of your speech? Do you truly believe this was appropriate to use to a room of children?
Spurlock’s Letter of Explanation concludes with
As an individual who fights daily for us all to find some common ground in this world, I am hopeful that the work I do can continue to generate a positive dialogue, inspire action and make this world a better place.
Positive dialogue? That’s a good one . . .
the only person I called “retarded” was myself
We concur with that assessment.
Hat tip to Michelle Malkin for the link to the Morning Call article.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Dot . . . Dot . . . Dot . . . - 2023
- When was the last time you laughed and what did you laugh at? - 2022
- FSC-2013 Claymont - 2021
- The Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Diet - 2020
- Fritz Blasts an Air Rocket! - 2019
- On Star Wars - 2019
- Monday Weigh In - 2018
- "Y" Not Take A Walk In The Park" - 2017
- Dznomore @ the Shore - 2017
- The Dread Pirate Roberts - 2017
- Crabby Andy by the Bay - 2017
- Play by the Bay - 2017
- "TOMMY'S MEMORY" - 2017
- "Something Fishy in Sea Isle" - 2017
- "United We Stand" - 2017
- Promenade North - 2017
- "SEE THE ISLE" - 2017
- Poor Poor Pitiful Me - 2017
- In Memory of Arthur Curry - 2017
- A Dose of Grandpop's Medicine - 2017
- Don't Bark Up The Wrong Tree - 2017
- HAVEN AVE. PARK - 2017
- The "Rusty" Krab - 2017
- On the way to "Rusty" - 2017
- RBSN #3 - 2017
- 30th at 30th…Again - 2017
- RBSN #2 - 2017
- Just another beach cache Geocache - 2017
- 27th Street has a Wedgie…Again! - 2017
- Can't think of a good name… - 2017
- Yet another beach cache - 2017
- A Cache holding up a telephone pole? - 2017
- Boards Other End - 2017
- Smoke 'em if you got 'em - 2017
- Fudge or Pizza? - 2017
- Cache on Simpson - 2017
- Down By The Bay - 2017
- RBSN #1 - 2017
- The Birdie near The Doggie - 2017
- Don't speed by! - 2017
- Boulevard Cache - 2017
- Legacy Lanes - 2016
- Superman/Batman: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice Special Edition #1 - 2016
- Deadly Messengers - 2016
- Area 41 International Speech & Evaluation Contests - 2015
- Sheriff Bob - 2014
- Doctor My Eyes - 2013
- Belittled - 2013
- Here Batter Batter - 2012
- The Photo Project - 2011
- Journalism Has Changed - 2011
- I Spy - 2010
- Arrrgggh! I'm a Pirate, Matey! - 2009
- Obama: Just Words - 2009
- We Shouldn't Be Surprised - 2009
- Slow Cooker hawaiian Beef - 2008
- What Is Your Opinion of FTF? - 2007
- Branding - 2005
- Easter Saturday - 2005
- Acoustic Waste - 1992