Tonight’s meeting, despite a full agenda, was sparsely attended. Lots of folks did not show and we had holes everywhere. Down a humorist, I stepped up with an unrehearsed joke. I like the joke, but the delivery needed improvement.
It’s difficult speaking to an empty room. We had but seven members this evening for our meeting. Because of that, I didn’t get a whole lot of feedback during my speech. Frankly, our club is not terribly demonstrative.
The delivery was okay. I need to pause. I used to need to pause to slow down. Now I need to pause to break apart my thoughts. I do not feel as though I rushed things, but the three parts of the story needed segmentation to help provide structure for the audience.
Water chestnuts escaped me. In its place: walnuts. What? I have no idea how that happened.
The evaluation picked up on the structure of the story and how I used my father‘s advise as the “hero”. There were some very complimentary remarks made to me about my speech. I am encouraged.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- The New Teen Titans (1980-) #7 - 2022
- Cider Equipment - 2021
- Anova Wifi Sous VIde & 12-qt. Container - 2021
- Out of My League - 2020
- Junk Food - 2020
- Happiness - 2020
- I Know an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie - 2018
- Amazing Spider-Man (1963-1998) #1 - 2017
- Amazing Fantasy #15: Spider-Man! - 2017
- Amazing Spider-Man (1963-1998) #4 - 2017
- Why I Should Not Be Eaten for Thanksgiving - 2016
- My First Time - 2016
- Line of the Day - 2016
- Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid #10) - 2015
- Ish - 2013
- It's All Worth It - 2013
- Goodbye Local Newspaper - 2012
- Robert's Rules for Dummies - 2011
- Angry Workout - 2011
- Technology I Can't Live Without - 2010
- Steal the Bacon - 2009
- My First Time - 2008
- Walk Two Moons - 2007
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - 2007
- It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas - 2006
- Visiting Sean - 2004