Today was the last day of school for my students. As is the custom, I displayed a slideshow of all the photographs I took this year of the students and played music.
I liked my class this year. Other teachers liked my class too. But there was one boy who truly made it difficult for me to like. He complained to his mother and then to the vice principal about me. The boy had no humor, seemingly, and didn’t understand that yes a teacher is indeed there to teach academics. Despite that, I actually liked the boy.
The last couple days, however, truly brought out his true colors. He lied, wrote nasty things in someone’s yearbook, and generally was unpleasant.
Today, I noted, whenever a photograph of him would appear in the slideshow he would say, “Look at me. I am beautiful.”
I didn’t address that. From what I can tell, no one else gave it any mind either.
What an odd thing to say aloud.
The woke preach this. And while I am not of the feeling that one should be counter that, I also do not think it needs to be proclaimed.
I wonder how this will affect this child going forward. He seems quite taken with himself, but he has at the same time alienated himself from the group. Others have picked up on his behaviors.
While it crosses my mind, it’s not an issue I will ever see resolution to. My participation in this widget making is complete. Onward he goes.
Also blogged on this date . . .
- Claw Cache - 2023
- The Beacon - 2023
- 3J Custer JB - 2023
- 3J Dino - 2023
- DGC5 "Shocking" - 2023
- National Treasure Underground Delights - 2023
- NP NM Jewel Cave - 2023
- Dry Martini - 2022
- 28th Annual Bubble Day - 2022
- The Curious Case of Mike - 2022
- Generational Differences - 2022
- I Miss Consequences - 2022
- The Trouble with Wish Lists - 2022
- The Sign of Sisson, and the WWC - 2021
- Falls of the Ohio - 2021
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory - 2021
- Smile! - 2021
- Rich Creek Riches - 2021
- St. Babs - 2019
- The Book Whisperer: Chapter 7: Letting Go - 2018
- The Ghost Next Door - 2018
- Beetle's Recital - 2017
- Return of the King - 2017
- The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools? - 2016
- Small World - Photography - 100 - 2016
- 21st Annual Bubble Day - 2015
- Couch to 5K, Day One (Again) - 2013
- Dance Like There's No Tomorrow - 2012
- Which Is the Vegetable? - 2012
- The Hundred Penny Box - 2012
- Tasso of Tarpon Springs - 2012
- Public Photography - 2011
- Fitness Measurements - 2011
- Almost Done - 2010
- The Package Has Arrived - 2009
- Purchasing a Smoker - 2008
- Fun in Tuckerton - 2008
- Be Observant - 2008
- Seven Words - 2008
- Who Doesn't Need a Nap? - 2007
- Another Perspective on FTF - 2007
- Cats - 2006
- Chief - 2006
- B: Mahaffie Stage coach - 2006
- Traveling - 2006
- Beetle Loves Sadie - 2006
- C: Blackfoot Marker - 2006
- Toto, I have a feeling we're stuck in Kansas - 2006
- Headwaters of the Garmin - 2006
- Wichita - in a Nutshell - 2006
- The Chisholm Trail - 2006
- Jabba Jabba Hey - 2006
- Genes Determine One's Politics - 2005
- Moving the Presidential Primary - 2005
- Jersey Side: Journalism or Amateur? - 2005
- The Hospital - 2004
- Weird NJ: Discoteque - 2003
- Another Day - 2003
- Nunsense - 2000
- Cubs vs. Phillies - 1986